Friday, February 16, 2007

Fight Club Quotes

Fight Club is not a movie it's a movement. The dialogues are not conversations they are philosophies i strongly recommend that you watch this movie with some of your more intelligent friends to get the real rush of adrenalin of the truth that the movie propagates.I need you to read the following quotes very carefully and just think about it :

"You met me at a very strange time in my life."

"Losing all hope was freedom."

"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

"I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let's evolve, and let the chips fall where they may."

"Self-improvement is masturbation. Now self-destruction...."

"I reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions."

"If we are God's unwanted children, so be it!"

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

"Listen up maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

"Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing."

"You're the worst thing that ever happened to me"

Pre Movie Warning: "If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second of your life. Don't you have better things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it!? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned........Tyler." - taken from split second 'pop-up' warning, that appears at the beginning of fight club DVD movie.
Narrator: When people think you're dying, they really, really listen to you, instead of just...Marla Singer: - waiting for their turn to speak?

"We're consumers. We are by-products of a lifestyle obsession. Murder, crime, poverty, these things don't concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with 500 channels, some guy's name on my underwear"

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

"You just had a near-life experience."

"In Tyler we trusted."

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."

"Sooner or later, the things you own end up owning you."

"You have to forget everything you know, everything you think you know -- about life, about friendship, about you and me."

"Tyler: "Any last words?" Narrator"I can't think of anything."

"That old saying, how you always hurt the one you love, well, it works both ways."

"I wasn't really dying, I wasn't host to cancer or parasites; I was the warm little center that the life of this world crowded around."

"I wanted to destroy something beautiful."

"I'd be very careful who I talked to about this paper. It sounds like some dangerous psychotic killer wrote this,and this buttoned down schizo could probably snap at any moment and stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-180 carbine gas-operated semiautomatic."

"Worker bees can leave Even drones can fly away The queen is their slave."

"And then... something happened. I let go. Lost in oblivion -- dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom."

"When deep space exploration ramps up, it will be corporations that name everything. The IBM Stellar Sphere. The Philip Morris Galaxy. Planet Starbucks."

"You are not your job. You are not how much you have in the bank. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking Khakis. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

"We are a generation raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is the answer."

No comments: